Translate

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas! I'm Ready!

"The way to happiness:  keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry.  Live simply, expect little, give much.  Fill your life with love.  Scatter sunshine.  Forget self, think of others.  Do as you would be done by.  Try this for a week and you will be surprised".  -----Norman Vincent Peale


Some of you will remember the Dresden Plate State Bird/Flower quilt that I started earlier in the year to give to my son, Patrick, for Christmas........Today it is COMPLETELY done, wrapped and under the tree!  Yay!  The quilt has 20 plates, each of which has a center circle with a State Bird and State flower motif of one of the States in the USA.  There are 30 additional State Bird/Flower circles appliqued over a diamond which are placed in the corners of the blocks so that, in total, all the 50 USA States are represented.....


I had entered it earlier in the year in a Dresden linkup but wasn't really happy with it so ripped out the quilted areas that had puckered....un-sewed some of the  seams.... undid borders...re-did seams and borders...ripped out and repositioned some of the corner appliques and then re-quilted... sewed on a label...did the binding and finally decided I was happy with the way it looked.....phew!  I was pretty much hating this quilt a couple of days ago but I'm loving it now!








Tomorrow I work for part of the day then my son and I will be on the road to New Mexico to spend Christmas with my parents and siblings and their families and my children and grandchildren.
 I want to wish you all a safe and beautiful Christmas and I will talk to you again when I get back......so TTFN!



6 comments:

sunny said...

It's awesome, Ida!! Merry Christmas - have a wonderful time with your family.

Kate said...

It's beautiful and such a lovely gift. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

it looks fantastic Ida and your son will love it,happy holidays and merry xmas to you and your family.xx

Carla said...

Beautiful!

Kat said...

It's beautiful, Ida! I think your son will love it. I know how long and hard you worked on this and it definitely shows. So glad we "met" this year and I wish you and your family a safe, happy, healthy and fun Christmas and a blessed new year! xoxoxo

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful! Totally worth all that work. Your son will enjoy it for many, many years to come.