Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some Finishes.......

Too many people are thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, when they ought to just water the grass they are standing on.  ---Amar Dave
 
 
 I got my December block done for the Block Swap Adventure......my swap partner had requested Balkan Puzzle or Saw Blades Block in Dark or Bold colors..............I had been wanting to try the Balkan Puzzle for awhile so that's what I decided on......
 


 Oh My Gosh....what a nightmare!  Maybe it was the pattern I used.....but it DID NOT match up very easily.....I think if I do this one again I will look for a paper pieced pattern......it is not the best block I have ever made so I hope my partner will like it......

The next thing I accomplished besides all of my Christmas Shopping......(Tada!) is most of the wrapping.....there are still a few things left to wrap but I needed a rest from that....so I did manage to do a small project......
 
My old Rockford sewing machine makes wonderful button holes and I really had never tried to make buttonholes with my new Singer machine...... (and I still haven't).....rather than read the darn directions I used a snap fastener on one towel and velcro on the other......lol
  I still have 6 more hanging towels to make so I guess I will probably try to figure out how to make the button holes on my newer machine.  (My Rockford is downstairs and not readily accessible).
 
Check these out.....my neighbor gave me his wife's sewing box a few years ago when she could no longer use it and it had lots of buttons and other items.........this two package of snaps were in the box.....

 
 can you believe those prices??? LOL....I'm sure today they cost at least 8 or 9 times as much.......
 
Ok I think I'd better call it a day.....tomorrow I start my work week again so I'd better get some rest...........so I will just say Ta-Ta for now............
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Hilachas said...

Oh you have been busy. That block looks nice. What kind of problems did you have? Looks like you worked them out. The little towels are cute and should be a "hit" everywhere. Uhhhh, I didn't notice the Dresden Plate finish....

Anonymous said...

Ida those towels are just adorable,well done and love your block,enjoy your weekend.xx

Needled Mom said...

I think your block looks fine and those towels look awesome.

I still use my old buttonhole maker to do my buttons because they are stronger than the ones the new machine makes.

Don't you love the vintage items - especially the prices????

Kat said...

Your block looks great to me! I can never line up triangles... every time I make them I swear "never again!"

Those towels are so cute. I have a few like that (though they are getting worn out) and I have on my "someday" list to make some new ones. Did you use a pattern or make it up as you went along?

Kat said...

Oh -- PS... if you figure out the button hole thing, could you come show me? My Singer has an attachment and I have NEVER been able to make it work :-(

Janet said...

A closer view of the towels.... They are really cute!

Rachel said...

Love the towels...and the block looks great!